Thursday, April 01, 2010

Spoonful

I was reading my "Super Nanny" book and she suggested letting your little one learn to use a spoon by giving them some yogurt...it doesn't fall off of the spoon as easily as other foods.

brilliant.

I honestly hadn't even thought to let Eli use his own spoon to feed himself. I have given it to him to play with a couple of times and he had tried to use it, but his attempts were futile as the food kept falling off the spoon into his lap. I just figured that he wasn't ready- and I don't like to push. Super Nanny informed me that he was; I was holding him back.

Eli went to town with that spoon! He ate that entire bowl of yogurt (I have to say, I was impressed because this was our first taste of yogurt...and it wasn't the good kind...no fruit, not a ton of sugar, no vanilla...plain jane yogurt).




Eat up, kiddo. You don't have to worry about your mommy and daddy eating that for you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm always amazed at how kids figure things out. You don't just see the gears turn, you get to see them forming.

chrisandtif said...

Wow, that was really eloquently put, Brandon. You are going to be a great father someday.