Friday, October 02, 2009

Marriage is about compromise...

I remember adjusting to married life...
My husband was a bit more OCD about clutter than I remembered and I was perhaps more messy than he remembered through our dating years.
I quickly learned that for that battle I would be the one to change!

Our recent move made me recall other territorial battles that we had settled early in our marriage...for instance, magnets/pictures/stuff on the refrigerator.

I remember begging Chris to let me put up magnets and pictures on our fridge when we first got married. He didn't want it to get cluttered, so he graciously sectioned me off a small portion of refrigerator real estate where I could neatly place a few pictures. Eventually I took over both doors and both sides!

As we were moving I began to take down all of our pictures and trinkets on the fridge. Guess what Chris said... he missed all of the pictures! He thought that everything looked bare!

I guess 5 years of marriage can really wear a man down! HA!



Exhibit A:



Exhibit B:


I am slowly adjusting to being a stay-at-home mom; the transition was a little more difficult than I was expecting, but for the most part I am happy staying at home with Eli. Honestly, some days I feel like it would be easier to just start working again! Everyone told me that I would love to be at home with our children, but they neglected to tell me just hard it really was. I honestly don't think that I have worked this hard at any job I have ever had!

Here is what my day looks like! This was taken the first official day Chris went to work. Two needy puppies, boxes everywhere and that little man in the back following me all over the house! (He had crawled from his room to find me in the kitchen!)

I also over-flowed the dishwasher that day...ah, life lessons...

Here is our family's new breadwinner! Look at him! Isn't he cute in his shirt and tie!?! Chris really loves the people at the firm. I have to say too that it is an adjustment for him to be going to work everyday. I am very thankful for everything he does for me and our family.

We are loving being back home in Texas, but we do miss our OU days! We are going to visit this weekend! Super exciting!!!

0 comments: